Monday, July 16, 2012

Top 5 Kitchen Gadgets


When I got my new kitchen installed, I took the opportunity to update my gadgets and appliances! I love to cook and I love little gadgets which make my dishes easier to make! Checkout my top 5 kitchen gadgets that I have added to my collection since remodeling the kitchen.

Kitchen Scales

I bake a lot, so measurements are very important. I decided to replace my old scales with some much more accurate electronic scales. Baking is a science, it is important to get the balance just right or else the recipe can go very wrong. Look for scales which offer both grams and ounces and a tare function as well.

Coffee Grinder

What kitchen is complete without a coffee grinder? Now I have a confession.. I don't actually drink coffee!! So what do I use a grinder for? Well the answer is simple. I buy whole spices and grind them myself in the coffee grinder. It makes for much better flavor than dried prepacks.

Waffle Iron

I have ALWAYS wanted a waffle iron! I finally found the perfect one which has reversible plates,so I can not only make my own waffles, but can flip the plates to use it as an electric grill or griddle. Even the waffle grid is great for things like veggies as it makes a beautiful pattern.

Candy Thermometer

Sugar is fascinating. However it is also unforgiving,so having a candy thermometer is a must. These thermometers are designed to read temperatures between 212F and 355F – temperatures which most foods will never reach! With one of these little babies you will be able to make pulled sugar, candy, caramel and so much more! Check out the candy temperature chart on the right!

Heating Pad

A heating pad in the kitchen? Yup that's right! A heating pad can help with so many thing. You can use it to melt chocolate, accelerate the rising of yeast, make yoghurt and keep gravies/soups/sauces warm among other things. I love my heat pad! It's my favorite kitchen gadget.

So those are the five kitchen gadgets I cannot live without. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment