Sunday, July 1, 2012

Audit Your Kitchen


I am really loving my new kitchen (just in case I haven't said that a few hundred times already!) so I am trying to keep things really organised. The first thing I had to do was get rid of all the stuff I have had lying around. I also wanted to get a few new kitchen gadgets and utensils – new bakeware and a coffee gringer and other bits and pieces to complete the place. That's when I hit on the idea of auditing my kitchen!

I started in the fridge and freezer then worked my way through the pantry and spice racks and listed every food I had available, and it's expiry. I used a spreadsheet to record all of the information then figured out a meal plan for the next week to use up as much of the stuff as possible. You should defiantely try a kitchen audit of your own! I was so surprised at what was available in the depths of the pantry. Here are just a few of the meals and snacks I ended up making without having to purchase anything extra.

  • Flapjack bars
  • Sponge Cake
  • Panacotta
  • Chicken and Chorizo Casserole
  • Bananna Bread
  • Homemade Museli
  • Irish Stew
  • Beer Battered Cod
  • Stuffed Peppers
  • Paella
  • Spanish Omlettes
  • Meatloaf
  • Homemade Pizza
  • Stirfry
  • Ocean Pie
  • Bramble Crumble

That's 10 meals and an assortment of dessers and snack treats!! So go on – have a go at auditing your kitchen and save yourself a week's grocery budget by using up your food! I treated myself to that coffee grinder with what I saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment