Monday, July 9, 2012

Door Stopping!


Okay. I gotta make a confession! Here it comes... y'all ready?

My name is Em and I am addicted to my kitchen!

You all know already about my new kitchen right? You already know about my crazy organizing spree right? Well the thing is... now that I have everything where I want it and I have all my accessories either in place or on order, I can't help looking at the door and thinking it would be so much nicer if it matched the new cabinets! (I know, I know) The thing is if I replace the interior door in the kitchen... I'm going to have to do all the downstairs doors as they all lead off the hall and if I do the downstairs doors then I'd feel weird not doing the upstairs. That makes a total of 15 doors including the cupboard under the stairs and the linen closet upstairs. It's not going to happen! So I guess I'll just paint it.

Anyway, enough about doors! What's that got to do with food? Actually, quite a lot because my food for today is Blackened Salmon with Doorstop Fries (see what I did there? Hilairious I am!).

For the doorstop fries you are going to want to cut some BIG potatos into nice fat chips. Fry them in hot oil in a big frying pan, turning them constantly so they brown on all sides evenly. Deep frying won't work as they need to be in too long to cook that way and the outside would burn by the time the middle was right.

The salmon is really easy. Take salmon fillets and coat it with cajun seasoning. Place them skin side down in a lightly oiled pan and fry for about 4 minutes, before flipping and frying on the other side for the same length of time. The cooking time may vary depending on how chunky a fillet it is so just make sure it it cooked all the way through.

I usually serve with a pea puree (just crushed peas with a little garlic butter and seasoning)

No comments:

Post a Comment