Saturday, June 23, 2012

Moldy Cupcakes!


My boyfriend keeps on talking about my post the other day about mold! He keep telling me how yucky moldy cheese is and how Im revolting for eating it. Fair enough, each to their own right? BUT, get this... he then asks if I can make him and his buddies some snacks for watching sports tonight! Now as per yesterday's post. I need no encouraement to use my new kitchen, so I was happy to oblige. I suggested a few different snacks including chicken wings and cupcakes, and he replies,
'Sounds great sweetie, but will you make that blue cheese dipping sauce for the wings?'

Wait! What?

BLUE CHEESE?

So I smile sweetly and ask 'I thought moldy cheese was skanky?'. He nods. 'What exactly do you think blue cheese is made of?'. Light bulb moment …. 'Oooooooh!'

Anyway, I wander off shaking my head and set up the laptop on the counter to look up the recipe. I come across THE most adorably appropriate cupcakes EVER!!!!

Buffalo Chicken Wing CupCakes



That's right... it's a cupcake, it's made with hot sauce, it's topped with a chicken wing! Since I'm making wings anyway I'm gonna make them! I'll do some vanilla too just in case but I definitely wanna try em.

Ingredients

CAKE

  • half cup of hot sauce
  • quarter cup of unsalted butter
  • half cup of crumbled blue (moldy) cheese
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of flour
  • a spoon of baking soda

Frosting

  • 2 ounces of blue cheese
  • half cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cups powdered sugar

Method

Prehheat the oven to 350 F and set up 10 cupcake liners. Put the hot sauce and butter in a pan and heat until melted. Gradually add blue cheese until melted. Now remove from the heat and add in the sugar. Leave the mixture to cool while you mix together the flour and baking soda. Combine the two mixes and divide between your cake liners and bake for 20 minutes.

For the icing, mix the blue cheese until smooth, then whick in the butter. Once it is light and fluffy gradually add the powdered sugar to create frosting. Pipe onto the cupcakes and add a chicken wing! (OR just eat with frosting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment