Monday, June 25, 2012

Em Don't Diet!


Now we all know I love my food, but even although I cook full fat dishes, I eat healthily. I try to have a balance in my food. It's not all cake and buffalo wings – which for the record where nice separately but not sure about them together. I don't believe in diets. I believe in making healthy, balanced choices. My sister on the other hand is the diet queen. She has tried them all. This month she is waxing lyrical about some sort of 'Total Body Modification' diet. I can't eat around her. I give up. No matter what I put into my mouth she has something to say. It causes bloating and gas. That triggers depression. This causes nutrients to be absorbed incorrectly. These foods don't digest and turn to rancid fats. If I hear much more I might never eat again! Her main concern is processed food, which I actually don't eat that much of in the grand scheme of things. I cook with fresh ingredients where possible.

I really don't believe that these diets are healthy. My sister is currently eating only fish, eggs, yoghurt and sauerkraut! That's not a balanced diet. Thankfully I know my sister and she will get fed up in 2 weeks and eat some pizza before hopping on whatever diet bandwagon passes next. However, it does worry me that in the long run she could be doing a great deal of damage to her body. I don't know much about the Body Modification Diet, it's not one that's been doing the rounds in my social circles, but I do hope my sister learns sooner or later that she just needs to choose healthy options in her food.

No comments:

Post a Comment